We went on vacation with Pat's family in October to Orlando, Florida - so of course this included Disney World! (Can't get enough of Disney!)
It was Sophie's first plane ride and she did really well. I think Mark and Kristen were a little worried because the moment we got into the security line she started to cry - Like she knew she was going to have to get out of her car seat and be poked and proded, but she was a champ!
Pat took a shower the first morning and he ended up sharing it with this little guy. Good thing it was Pat and not me because I would ahve screamed and drowned him.
It just so happened the second night as we were coming home from the Magic Kingdom Judy let us know her side was really bothering her. We got her home and got her some Gatorade thinking she may have been dehydrated - it was 95 degrees everyday with 90% humidity every day. Sticky & Hot. We kept making or tie the weather records each day. Judy still wasn't feeling better after a little bit and she decided she better get to the hospital. Dirk drove her over and we went to bed only to wake up and find out the she would be going into surgury to take out her appendix.
This is her hospital - it was so nice and beautiful! We called it the Ritz. She had to stay for another day for observation.
She was supposed to take it easy - but since she didn't want to miss the trip, we got her a wheelchair and water and were on our way.
The boys went on Kali River Rapids and got soaked. You can't really tell from this picture but Mark and Nick are soaked all the way through. They said they were a little cooler after ward but Nick's jeans were really heavy.
Pat and I went on Midway Mania. A 4D Toy Story game where you have to use a gun to shoot at these different boards. If you go to Diney World or Disneyland this ride is totally worth the wait!!! Guess who won??!!!......
I DID!! It was a killing!!! I loved it! Pat tells me since I don't play video games that he would destroy me! His face was priceless at the end when he realized that I won!
The EPCOT Wine & Food Festival was also going on and we ate so much good food from all over the world! EPCOT is one of my favorite places and now as I am older I understand more of all the culture and am more interested in learning about different places all over the world. China was especially interesting to see since I had been there. The video was really cool because I could tell Pat if I had been there. All my memories of that wonderful trip came rushing back. Here we are in Paris at sunset. (Maybe one day we will be in the real Paris at sunset!)
We had such a fantastic time with the family. I never got a shot of all of us - so this is as close at it will come.
No comments:
Post a Comment